Greensea IQ is a dual-use robotics company transitioning mature solutions developed for and by the defense industry to the commercial markets for high impact and we are looking for a Senior Accountant. Greensea IQ is uniquely positioned to capitalize on the growing Blue Economy that is being driven by the demands for scalable and persistent ocean protection, net-zero emissions in shipping, alternative energy sources from the ocean, and understanding change in the seas as our climate changes. As a world leader in autonomous underwater robot technologies, we deliver operational solutions based on the open architecture operating software OPENSEA to meet the growing demand for intelligent robotics across the entire Blue Economy.
The Senior Accountant is a full-time position that handles a variety of day-to-day financial activities to ensure accurate and timely reporting in a dynamic growth organization. The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with close processes, and maintaining accounts payable and accounts receivable. They will also assist the Financial Controller as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
- Perform daily accounting tasks, including accounts receivable and overseeing payables.
- Perform daily inventory and production record-keeping tasks.
- Perform monthly analysis of production variances.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and drive monthly close processes in a timely and error-free manner.
- Accurately maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Respond to information requests, review financial statements, and assist with internal and external audits.
- Plan, assign, and review Staff Accountants work, providing technical support, advice, and mentoring when needed.
- Work with CFO and Controller to improve and implement best-practice financial processes that are effective, efficient, and contribute to maintaining and monitoring the financial health of the company.
- Assist the Controller with the monitoring of spending and financial controls.
- Contribute to the development and review of program financial performance.
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines with error-free work products.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- All other responsibilities as reasonably assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 3+ years of accounting or other relevant experience, manufacturing preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Familiarity with cost accounting preferred
- Familiarity with DCAA accounting preferred
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good problem-solving and time-management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to think critically, work independently, maintain confidentiality, and take ownership of internal processes
To apply, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to careers@greenseaIQ.com as PDF documents. The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. The ideal candidate is in Burlington, VT.
Greensea IQ (www.greenseaIQ.com) is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a casual and fun work environment and provide our employees with training and continuing education opportunities. Greensea IQ offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package, including full health insurance, 401(k), and paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave.