Chief Financial Officer
Greensea IQ is a dual-use robotics company transitioning mature solutions developed for and by the defense industry to the commercial markets for high impact. Greensea IQ is uniquely positioned to capitalize on the growing Blue Economy that is being driven by the demands for scalable and persistent ocean protection, net-zero emissions in shipping, alternative energy sources from the ocean, and understanding change in the seas as our climate changes. As a world leader in autonomous underwater robot technologies, we deliver operational solutions based on the open architecture operating software OPENSEA to meet the growing demand for intelligent robotics across the entire Blue Economy.
Greensea IQ is seeking a seasoned Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to become an integral part of our executive team. The CFO will play a crucial role in shaping and executing the company’s strategic and financial goals. While the CFO’s primary responsibilities will encompass all financial elements of the organization, we seek a strategic individual who can help rapidly grow the business while mitigating key business risks. The ideal candidate will completely own the financial workflows and responsibilities to ensure Greensea’s success. The CFO must strike a balance between short- and long-range functions to manage and grow the business consistent with Greensea’s strategy and values. The CFO will join the executive team consisting of the CEO, CGO, and COO to develop, execute, and manage Greensea’s growth strategies.
- Strategy – Provide financial leadership in determining Greensea’s overall direction and instill a financial/risk-intelligent approach throughout the organization. Develop and implement the company’s financial strategy in a way that aligns with the overall corporate goals and objectives.
- Financial Analysis – Continually assess the company’s financial performance, offering insights to key stakeholders. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in financial modeling and leading cross-functional teams to use the models for informed decision-making in the business.
- Operations – Responsible for the organization’s primary financial functions, including planning/budgeting, implementing, managing, and controlling financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, financing, audit oversight, and reporting.
- Finance Team Manager – Manage an effective finance and accounting department that is responsible for the organization’s fiscal performance. Ensure interdepartmental relationships are collaborative and constructive, supporting the company’s execution.
- Transactional – Lead in the negotiation of key business engagements. This includes seeking to identify, originate, negotiate, and integrate other platforms into Greensea IQ that provide new capabilities. The CFO will provide high-level strategic and financial analysis of new opportunities considering the long-term vision of the company.
- Fiduciary – Remain in close contact with company leadership, external partners, shareholders, and board members to keep all parties aligned on the health and status of the company.
- Frequent travel to Greensea IQ facilities, external partner facilities, and trade shows are expected.
- All other responsibilities as reasonably assigned.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in accounting, business accounting, or finance.
- 5 or more years of experience in roles leading corporate financial functions.
- Extensive experience developing and executing strategic financial plans and initiatives.
- Experience leading finance functions for high-growth organizations.
- International finance experience
- Proven experience delivering complex projects on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and implement process improvements that drive efficiencies and productivity gains.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong willingness to mentor and develop key leaders within the company.
To apply, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to careers@greenseaIQ.com as PDF documents and reference Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. The ideal candidate is in Burlington, VT, but candidates in the Plymouth, MA area will be considered. This position will require frequent travel.